After undertaking the IOSH Managing safely course
Candidates should be able to:
- Apply straight forward management procedures to safety and health issues as part of a total management [approach | strategy}.
- Set achievable health and safety targets & plan and implement courses of action to achieve those targets.
- Identify safety & health hazards , risks present in the workplace .
- Deliver and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace risks, and recommend suitable control measures.
- Take account of risks arising from ergonomic factors .
- Ensure that adequate information, training & supervision is provided for employees .
- Investigate an accident or incident involving injury or damage to determine the causes and take appropriate actions.
IOSH Training is available for a number of other areas which give you a range of other certified skills. Protect Life are a health, safety and protective goods superstore. They offer all the above and much.
Good vendors of this type of training are hard to find. Perhaps the best approach when selecting a supplier is to approach the HSP (Health Safety and Protective) Superstores, they can usually satisfy all your health safety and protective training needs. They predictably have 4 primary training services which we can be delivered locally, nationally or internationally:
1. Defining your needs – Helping clients to evaluate or review their training requirements and deliver a plan for training which will be flexible enough to work in the designated organisation;
2. Planning – Help customers to present and implement a clear and transparent plan address training all their health safety and protective needs;
3. Deliver one-off or periodic training for individuals/groups. With many of these courses you have the option of Training being delivered face to face, via video, via interactive computer based training or a combination of these methods;
4. Your training department – they can manage all your training issues for you.
They say “training does not have to be costly or restricted to any specific time” As some of their courses can be taken any time of the day and any day of the week.